August 17, 2020
Anna Olson’s Princess Of Puddings
Prep Time: Under 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Hosting the perfect summer gathering is still possible while physical distancing, with Canadian celebrity chef Anna Olson’s exclusive summer recipes created in partnership with LG Electronics. Her fruit-filled Princess of Puddings has notes of sweet maple syrup for a distinctly Canadian twist.
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- Preheat LG ProBake Convection® oven to 180°C and lightly grease a 6-cup baking dish.
- Heat milk, butter and lemon zest together over medium heat, until butter melts. Whisk egg yolks, maple syrup and vanilla together and slowly add warm milk while whisking constantly. Whisk in breadcrumbs ad let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour pudding into the prepared 6-cup dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, until it springs back when gently pressed.
Cook Fruit Jam
- Place the fruits and lemon juice in a small saucepan and simmer on medium heat, stirring occasionally for 5 to 10 minutes to reduce liquid. Remove pan from the heat and stir in the jam.
- With an electric beater, whip egg whites on high speed until they are foamy, then slowly pour in maple syrup and continue to whip until it holds stiff peaks.
Layer It All Together
- In a baking tray, spread fruit jam filling over the still-hot baked pudding. Dollop meringue over the jam layer and spread it to cover the jam. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown. Cool the pudding for an hour in the LG InstaView Door-in-Door™ refrigerator.